28 June 2006

Problems...

When I woke up this morning, I really wanted to write about the Catholic church and what the world would be like if they were still in power (i.e. controlling the gahmens). I was really excited about it but then I received an email from a close friend of mine telling me about her marital problems.

It was really sad to know about it and my planes to write about the Catholic church was pushed aside and I tried my best to convey my thoughts and support via email.

It is always sad to know that when you friends are having problems, whether money problems, relationship problems, health problem, marriage problems, they all are very sad things. How can you as a friend try to be supportive but not judgmental or critical? It sometimes become even more difficult (if it is a relationship/marriage problem) if you only know one of the parties involved, it becomes doubly difficult if you didn’t like their partners. I don’t know my friend’s husband very well but he’s a nice guy. Friendly and not pretentious. The best part about it, was when I came out to them, he accepted it more easily than she did, but then again maybe it was because she knew me for a longer period.

So I was trying to console her and to tell her that ending the marriage is not an option that should be taken until all avenues to ‘salvage’ the marriage has been exhausted. Not an easy thing to do.

Other than that I can only offer my support in whatever decision she makes and be a 'listening ear' now as she rants and tries to get it out of her system.

God bless her and her husband.

No comments: