06 July 2006

I am Singaporean

I grew up in a 3 room HDB flat and have been living there all my life.
I have been called kan tang (potato) in the Army because I speak good English.
I lived on my mother's cooking until I went overseas to work.
I left because I got tired of having no rights in Singapore.
I love my country even though I am fed-up with the authorities.
I will return for I believe Singapore is worth fighting for.
I met my boyfriend 4 years back and I still love him very much.
I am considered a pervert, paedophile and etc. just because I am attracted to men.
I am still considered a criminal because of who I sleep with.
I sometimes quarrel with my parents but I still love them.
I miss the food in Singapore especially the curry noodles at Chinatown.
I download TV series because I hate the censorship in Singapore.
I go to church not because I have to but because I want to.
I am looking forward to buying my own HDB apartment and living with my boyfriend.
I bitch about the public transport but still have to use it as cars are not worth it.
I think that the National Day Parade is a big hoo ha about nothing.

I am Wolfgang.
I am Joseph.
I am gay.
I am Singaporean.

So say we all!
So say we all!

1 comment:

Dialogism said...

I agree totally.

I am Singaporean, yet I am not totally accepted because of who I am.

I get your sentiments bro.