19 August 2005

TGIF

My first week of work and today is the last day, TGIF!

Work has been slow the past week and the people here are different from the ones in Singapore. I've been left alone most of the time, unlike in Singapore wherever I went to a new company, most people will try to make me feel welcome, asking me out for lunch and etc. Over here it really is 'each for his/her own'. Culture shock, yea in a way but I think it should be expected. I think I was lucky in my past 2 jobs in that the people were all friendly. Well, it will take time but I think I can break into the culture sooner or later (I hope sooner though).

So one week gone and work is starting to pick up. According to E, he and R has lots in store for me to do. It will take time and I'll slowly get more and more busy.

T and I are coping with being apart. We have webcamed a lot, so we can see each other. I really miss the intimate moments we have, like when I 'bite' him on the shoulder when there is nobody around (like in supermarkets, bookstores, etc.) my sign of affection :) and of course I do miss the more physical intimate times that we have too. Well, we all have to make sacrifices. I'm just hoping that these 2 years will pass fast so that we can be together again.

Speaking of which, T was wondering if I would ever move back to Singapore again. Well, I told him nothing is carved in stone so anything is possible. I just pray that in the next 10 years or so, we would really see change in Singapore, not just in the economic sense. It wouldn't be easy but if the gahmen decide to repell section 377 from the penal code, then I can say that equality is starting to set in in Singapore. So there would really be a "society built on justice and EQUALITY", which at this moment there isn't.

No comments: