23 October 2007

My predictions

I predict that S377A will be around for the next 50 years. It will survive even after Singapore dies.

I predict that Christians and Christianity will rule Singapore in the end and it will because a Christian country (where laws are biblically based) even though more than 60% of the population will not be Christian.

I predict that Singapore will fall into the same trap as USA now, where Church and State is not separated.

I predict that Singapore's economy will grow strong inspire of discrimination and injustices in the law.

I predict that as more Asian countries because more accepting of the GLBT community, we will leave Singapore and plant our roots overseas.

I predict that even if the whole of Asia (apart from the Muslim countries) allows same-sex unions, Singapore will still have S377A.

I predict that the PAP will never right this wrong because it will never effect Singapore economically.

I predict that even if 70% of the population is neutral (don't care one way or another) or pro-repeal S377A, the PAP will still site the usually,"Singapore is a conservative society..." and keep S377A.

I hope my predictions will never come true, but I'm really doubtful that Singapore will become any better for GLBTs, esp. when the gahmen panders to the fundamentalist christian minority, but having most of them (I think 50%) Christians does make one understand why.

No comments: