09 November 2006

Will still be a criminal

I am pissed.

Very pissed at the PAP (who is the gahmen) for not wanting to change, for using 3rd world notions to govern a 1st world country, to treat all of us as fools and idiots.

I'm am still a criminal after they amend the law. It is suppose to be decided by parliament in the few months but knowing the gahmen is self-serving and closed minded and most importantly homophobic, the amendment will go through without any problems. So sex between gay men will still be considered illegal but anal/oral sex between straight couples is okay. This shows that discrimination against any citizen is okay. This is so true, they allow discrimination again the old, the poor, the uneducated, the handicap... so what's new? Well, the discrimination against those people are not written in law, whereas discrimination again gay men is.

The gahmen says because Singapore is still conservative even though they are quick to add that consenting gay men have never been prosecuted under the law from having sex. SO WHY THE FUCK DO WE KEEP IT?

To think that we who sacrificed our time in NS and ICT will still be criminals. No matter how they try to say that they are not homophobic. Allowing gay men/lesbians hold top offices in the civil sector doesn't make you less homophobic (how many are anyway? 1 or 2). It just makes the gahmen a hypocrite, a white-washed wall. But then again what is new. the gahmen has always been a hypocrite.

GLBTs exist in all facets of the working environment. We are doctors, engineers, nurses, IT professionals, lecturers, CEOs, etc. To make us all remain as criminals really sucks big time. This really shows the narrow-mindedness of the gahmen and the fact that their opening up is totally NATO.

Conservative, oh please. With STD rates going up for straight teens, I really wonder who this monster "conservative" is. The one that keeps appearing when they want to keep their own self-serving agenda.

So why would I want to return to Sg? Even if I return, why would I want to be Singaporean? Why would I want to be Singaporean if I'm going to be a criminal in the country I was born and raised? Why would I want to be a criminal even though I have not done anything wrong but because of some individuals, who pretend to be open minded when they are not, who decided that I am a criminal.

Why would GLBTs want to still be in Singapore or return to "contribute to society" when time and time again, the gahmen shows that we are not welcomed and not wanted.

I am pissed.

And it seems, I'm not the only one.
MHA is disappointing
Pseudo repeal under cover of smoke?
Partial decriminalisation is not good enough
Media release: Government should repeal both Sections 377 and 377A of the Penal Code
Minority Report

No comments: