06 September 2006

Friends indeed!

I have realised that by my being here in Melbourne, I have weeded out the people who are not really friends. I have 2 close friends who I meet rather regularly when I was back in Singapore. These 2 were my University mates and both of them know I’m gay. One of them is my best friend (female) and the other is a very close male friend. I mean you don’t come out to a person you are not close to.

Well I heard from another friend of mind that this male University mate of mine was married last weekend! And I didn’t even know about it! No e-mails, no letters, no nothing to tell me about it. I don’t mind if I’m not invited or given an invitation because I’m here but at least inform me about it.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Friends who I’ve made a few years back are telling me things about their lives, major things that is (like buying an apartment, having a new boyfriend or girlfriend, etc.), via e-mail, instant messenger, etc. these people only know me for a few years, unlike this guy who know me for at least 10+ years.

It does show doesn’t it who your real friends are.

No comments: