19 April 2006

Sydney and back

Went to Sydney over the Easter weekend (14 to 18 April), got back last night.

It was really fun because T came over and visited me. So we had nice time there. Well, our love for each other didn't diminish but from what I can gather, it actually increased. It is great.

Funny statement to make isn’t it but it actually isn’t. There is the reason. In Jan 2006, I had a discussion with a friend (here in Melbourne, L). I was telling him about T and my plans for the future that we have decided that I’ll return to Sg when my contract ends (which is in 2008).

That was when it started getting terrible, L started telling me that I shouldn’t make plans like that especially I don’t know what is going to happen. He said that love changes and by the time 2008 arrives T and I might have changed and that we might not work out. That since both of us have our own lives now, not really sharing it together, we are not changing together which means that we might change in 2 different directions thus drifting apart. He then went on to tell me a story about 2 of his friends from Perth. They were very close and decided to move over here to Melbourne and one of them came here first. The other arrived 6 months later and after which they broke up. L told me that even when the Perth one came over to visit after 3 months, they felt that something was different.

To say the least after that I became very worried for I didn’t want to loose T at all and I thought that maybe what he said was true and that our love for each other would change. Couldn’t sleep much that night (yes, I’m a worry wart so sue me :P) and the next day, I chatted with my friends (in Sg via instant messenger) about it. I couldn’t talk to T about it because he was busy the night before and didn’t get home on time for us to chat and he’s usually very busy in the office. The time difference was terrible (3 hrs)!

My friends were a great help. At the end of it, I realised how stupid I was. L was talking about love and what talking to my friends allowed me to know that T and I were talking about commitment. Love is a feeling. It can also be nurtured. I have a number of friends who were apart from their partners for years and yet are still in a loving relationship. All of them are no longer living apart from their partners. Why was I so worried when I had so many positive examples about commitment about? Which of course gave me courage.

T was telling me how silly I was when I told him that night. :) I do so love him.

So now T is living with me and we are just loving it.

No comments: