11 April 2005

Heterosexism - viewpoint of a father and grandfather

It is very heartening to read e-mails like this about the heterosexism that is so prevalent in ‘loving Christians’.


------------

As a 75 year old man and father of 8 children - 2 whom are gay - I find this all to be very disturbing. Since when did we allow Preachers - deacons & ministers to tell us what GOD wants?

MY children are all grown and range from mid 30's to 50 - they are ALL law abiding citizens and tax payers......do not my gay
children deserve the same rights and the other 6 ?

This whole Right Wing Agenda has gotten way out of control from their original concept of Concern for peoples well-being - to Hate Mongering & Bigotry ... trying to use "God's word" as scare tactics to get people to vote their way.

I'd like to know.... when is this country going to wise up and practice what it preaches. America is constantly telling other countries about Freedoms and Liberty, and the ever famous Justice for All.....All?

Does America mean - only Heterosexuals??? This is the 21st century.....the sky won't be falling. I think heterosexuals have done enough damage to Marriage without trying to blame gay people for ruining it.

I and my wife love our children Equally - we're on our 53rd year of Marriage together...we stuck it out thru thick and thin, and love each other very much - and have 8 happy and healthy, loving and respectful children to prove it.

I fought in WW2 - for Freedom and Liberty -- NOT Hate and Discrimination in America......This needs to stop! I used to vote Republican as did my wife for years - but this last election made us go Democrat --- I will not tolerate discrimination against my children PERIOD!

John Rex Costello
Philadelphia Pa

No comments: